In summary, device closure of the ASD has become standard of care for secundum ASD. ASDs as large as 40 mm diameter can be closed using the ASO devices . Midterm and long-term results are excellent . However, as the experience with device closure and follow-up increases, we will undoubtedly become aware of other potential issues and ways to circumvent them, just like the surgeons did early in the experience with operative ASD repair.
- Congenital heart disease in adults
- Patent foramen ovale atrial septal defect
- Pediatric cath/intervention complications
- Pediatric interventions
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine